A/C pvc pipe leaking water

Old 07-22-04, 12:32 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
A/C pvc pipe leaking water

I'm new to this central A/C thing. Where do I start to locate what ever is blocking the water from draining properly? I have no clue where a possible drain plug is? Any help - Thanks.

Old 07-22-04, 12:49 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wink

Need more info: But you should have a pvc pipe comeing off the coil there and running to some where. Are you can cut the pipe there and blow out both ways with a shop vac. then put the pipe back with a pvc coupling.

ED

Old 07-22-04, 02:13 PM
M
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
The unit is located in the wall behind a panel door. When I open the panel door I am greeted by metal panels housing the unit and heavy duty wires. On the lower right, white PVC piping comes out of the unit and is diverted below the unit which when I take off the filter - I can see the pipe heads outside to drain. Right where this PVC pipe is coming off the unit it is leaking water. It gurgles. I looked outside and found where it comes out. There is some water coming out of the pipe outside.

Is there anywhere inside of the unit that needs to be checked or do I need to just blow out the PVC pipe with a shop vac?

Thanks for the help.

Old 07-23-04, 01:01 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wink

I can see the pipe heads outside to drain. Right where this PVC pipe is coming off the unit it is leaking water. It gurgles. I looked outside and found where it comes out. There is some water coming out of the pipe outside.
You should have a trap there where the water comes out of the unit. This would stop the gurgle and let the water run out of the drain pan. Id turn the unit off and re pipe the drain its only pvc pipe . Check and see that the coil is clean and the filter is also.

ED

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: