Magnetic Contactor Definite Purpose

Old 08-02-04, 09:10 PM
WindSlyder
Visiting Guest
Magnetic Contactor Definite Purpose

Hi, I'm new to this forum, and I'm hoping it help's, because I've been searching for hours now for help. I'm trying to install a Magnetic Contactor Definite Purpose
POLES: 1
AMP RATING: FLA 30 RES. 40
COIL VOLTAGE: 24 50/60 HZ
but I'm having difficulty with the wirring. Does anyone know of a wirring diagram I could use, or any reference to help. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

P.S. Oh and if someone knoew's how to do it and would want to help me, that would be even better. Please send reaply's to Email adress to if possible. AtomicallyBeyond@msn.com Thanks Again! GodBless!

Old 08-03-04, 03:15 AM
bigjohn
Visiting Guest
Hi:

It sounds like you're trying to replace a malfunctioning compressor contactor in your a/c unit? Normally you just swap the wires over one at a time. I'm getting a bad vibe here that maybe you took all the wires off the old one first? Have you looked on the covers for the unit? There should be a wiring diagram. Basically, with a single pole contactor, the power wires will attach to one side and the compressor and fan motor wires will go to the other side. If the compressor has a crankcase heater, those wires go to the same place as the power wires. Lastly, the control wires go to the magnetic coil on the contactor.

Old 08-03-04, 01:08 PM
WindSlyder
Visiting Guest
How would you know what wire is what? I mean I kind of get it, but I'm not sure. On one wire there's Run, but the rest theres only small writting on them. And I couldn't find any wirring diagram. I've searched everywhere and everything and couldn't find nothing. I know that I have one side correct from Memory. I think it's the power side, because there's two seperat black wire's and one yellow wire. The first black wire with a pink cap on the connector leads into the ground, and the other black wire connects to a light blue wire which lead's out of the AC through a tube to a box on the wall, and the same for the yellow one which connect's to a light blue wire and goes through a tube to a box on the wall. I know I have that side right.
Now on the other side there are two black wires that are seperate but become connected at connector the metal part you connect to the magnetic conctactor. I also know from memory that that's in the right place.

P.S. If possible I sketched out two diagram's, and I would like to send it to your email. There in Windows Paint format(Bitmap Image). The first one is of the whole box and of everything in it, and the second one is of the Magnetic Contactor with all of the wires that are connected to it and of the one's that aren't and where every wire lead's too. I'm not sure if that help's but I tryed to be as specific as possible. Thanks for all of your help!

Last edited by WindSlyder; 08-03-04 at 03:07 PM.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: