Evaporator Coil

Old 11-07-04, 06:00 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Evaporator Coil

We finished out an area above our garage and now we are trying to figure out how to heat and cool it. We have a large closet that I would like to put a downdraft furnace in. This would hang the evaporator coil under the furnace down into the garage. To save ceiling room in the garage I would like to use a flat evaporator and lay it at an angle and discharge out the side of the plenum. The problem I am having is finding a flat evaporator coil. It seems that the only coils out there are the A-coils. If I use an A-coil I would have to discharge out the bottom of the plenum. This would hang the duct work 8 to 10 inches lower into the garage.
All I need is an 18,000 Btu flat evaporator. Can anyone tell me if they are available?

Roger

Old 11-08-04, 02:35 AM
bigjohn1
Visiting Guest
What you want to get is a CASED coil. That's a casing and coil combination. They come either with a slanted flat coil or an A coil that is laid sideways with an extra drain pan.

Old 11-08-04, 06:27 AM
R
Check with this supplier for that Cased coil. If he doesn't have it, maybe he can refer you to someone else in your area.

Crescent Parts & Equipment Co Inc
(217) 223-9750 635 North 3rd St
Quincy, IL 62301

Old 11-08-04, 08:47 AM
Wink

Dont know what you want to do there for sure You dont say elec, gas ,oil. Any of them come in a counterflow.With a coil under them .If you want to come out the side just put it up in a box plenum is all.

ED

Old 11-09-04, 01:17 PM
I am sorry Ed I didn't mention the type of furnace. I am thinking I could install a Goodman Model GCS90453BXA, witch is a 92% natural gas furnace. I was looking for a slanted flat evaporator coil. On the net I couldn't find any place that sold them. With a slant coil I figured I could make a discharge hole in the side of the plenum and I don't think you can do that with an A-coil.

Roger

Old 11-09-04, 03:42 PM
that is a tough call with space considerations as they are. had a pro look at it yet?

york did make flat vertical flow coils, not sure if they are still available

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: