Package Air and Heat Unit

Old 12-22-04, 07:33 PM
JWelch6918
Visiting Guest
Exclamation Package Air and Heat Unit

I'm having a new package system installed and was wondering where should the return vent be placed? I live in a mobile home that is a 14'X70' with 2 bedrooms and the kitchen and living room is all open to each other. The system is going to be a 2 1/2 ton air and 75,000 BTU heat. My heat went out on what was so far the coldest of the year and the package system was the most cost effective for us. The doors all have about a 2 inch opening at the bottom so air could be pulled under them.

Old 12-22-04, 08:17 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Not knowing the lay out of the home itself, I'd say put the return in the hall way, maybe more towards the living room..

Old 12-23-04, 06:16 AM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Like Jay said hallway may be best but try to keep it as far from the kitchen and bathroom as possible.

Old 12-23-04, 07:57 AM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wink

In the mobile homes the furnace is always in the center of it in the hall there. Cant the cold air go right in where the old furnace was. If thats the set up you had.

ED

Old 01-04-05, 11:46 PM
hondo8671
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by Ed Imeduc
In the mobile homes the furnace is always in the center of it in the hall there. Cant the cold air go right in where the old furnace was. If thats the set up you had.

ED
Ed / the place where the old unit sit will be on the supply duct! they should
cap it off and then homeowner can make that into a closet, mobile homes like
this one comes with a downflow furnace a/c

Old 01-05-05, 02:20 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wink

Yes for sure the furnace sets over the duct there in the center. Dont know how many K I have worked on. But the cold air came right into the furnace filter right on the furnace door on most. Thats why 70 ft long Id feed the air out right in to the duct in the floor under the home block off the top hole .Work my return from the top of the space out to the unit. Still have room for stuff in the old furnace space.

ED

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: