Window units

Old 02-19-05, 08:31 AM
mschauber
Visiting Guest
Window units

I have a couple questions:
1) Can anyone recommend particular window units. I need a 10,000 btu w/4 way adjustable air movement. And a 15,000 btu unit where the air comes out, preferable, the right side of the unit.

2) When determining BTU's, I used the http://www.warmair.com/html/window_air_cond.htm calculater
It takes height into consideration which most of them don't. Is this the proper way to determine the necessary unit BTU?

Thank you for all your help.

Marc

Old 02-19-05, 02:13 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
The Warmair site is a pretty good tool for sizing window a/c's. As for particular unit design hopefully someone will be able to help you out but you're probably going to have todo a lot of research to find the exact ones that meat your needs. www.sear.com has several different models but I don't see any where the air comes out mainly on one side yet I have seen them before.

Old 02-19-05, 03:46 PM
mschauber
Visiting Guest
Thanks for the help. Fedders has their Y Chassis where the air comes out the side, but consumer reports rated their lower end units pretty poorly. They seem to recommend the LG LW1000ER which is a 10,000 BTU unit and the same unit has had good reviews elsewhere on the internet.

As for a larger unit, I am just not sure what to get. the warm air site recommends a 15,800 BTU unit, but that seems awfully big for a 340 sq ft (3240 cubit feet) area. Although it is for multiple rooms and the height of the ceiling is 9.5 feet.

Any recomendation or comments from people would be greatly appreciated.

Marc

Old 02-19-05, 04:18 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wink

Might check on some of the units. That the front grill will come out turn and go back in then blow out a side. have to read the fine print.

ED

Old 02-20-05, 07:10 AM
Here's some useless information. Remember the company "Goldstar" back in the 80's? They flooded the market with low cost appliances? That's who LG is. Their name stands for "Lucky Goldstar". Back in the mid 90's they went with "LG" and are now into everything from cell phones to air conditioners.

I've not had any problems with Fedders or LG.

Old 03-03-05, 10:35 AM
J
I have 3 LG's and they work great. Consumerreports recommends them as the best. Good luck!

Old 05-12-06, 12:54 PM
E
a1b12w7b

get fedders model a1b12w7b as a search...this is a good air conditioner

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: