Thermostat and Humidity Control... would like to upgrade to one box.

Old 02-27-05, 10:24 PM
pcapazzi
Visiting Guest
Thermostat and Humidity Control... would like to upgrade to one box.

Hello,
I'm new to these forums.. hope this post is in the right spot.

I live in S. Florida and purchased a condo. I've never seen a thermostat with a seperate humidty control. The humidty control is definitely functional.

I would like to upgrade the thermostat to an electronic one with scheduling for days of the week. But I don't know what to do with the humidty box.

Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Peter

Old 02-28-05, 06:39 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Is the humidity control for heating or dehumidfe for cooling?

As for heating, No, there is nothing out there for that.. For cooling, Honeywell has VisionPro model, and also Carrier has one too.

Old 02-28-05, 09:22 AM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wink

They do that a lot down here in FL. A tstat and next to it a humidistat. It should be set up that when you are there the AC works off the tstat. Then say you will be gone for a few weeks or months. You set it so it runs the AC for humidity and not on temp. If you check the wires out you should be able to put in a programmable tstat and let the humidistat stay there for when you or out of town. It works like this when there. Turn the hum so it calls all the time then the tstat will turn the AC on and off. When you are going to be away for say weeks . Turn the tstat all the way down for cool and set the humidistat for the humidity you want in the home. This set up work just fine down here.

ED

Old 02-28-05, 04:03 PM
pcapazzi
Visiting Guest
Talking

That is EXACTLY what I needed to know. Thank you very much that was very informative

Do you have any product suggestions for upgrading each piece, or even consolidating them down to one programmable electronic piece?

Thanks once again... this helped me find a lot more information online (didn't know it was called humidistat). So no more

Pete

Old 03-01-05, 04:41 AM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
What you want is a Totaline "Carrier" P374-1600. It's a t-stat and humidistat in one.

The snag is you'll probably have to get an hvac company to get it for you.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: