Any opinions on HEIL equipment?

Old 03-24-05, 12:07 PM
tsa17b
Visiting Guest
Question Any opinions on HEIL equipment?

I've gotten a few bids on ac & htg equip (Lennox, Trane, Goodman) and I like the looks of the HEIL equipment, particularly from a price standpoint. The specs on the various brands are similar and I'm interested in anyone's practical experience with the HEIL brand.

Thanks,

Tim

Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-05, 05:10 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Have seen goodman dirt cheap on internet

I like armstrong , Ducane both are good units. Armstrong is easy to work on and ducane is cheap but pretty decent quality just don't put near bedroom window some are kinda loud. Never liked trane expensive or lennex not to say they are no good they are just expensive. I have mixed feelings about carrier they seem to last but they have too darn many controls and electronics seems like carrier tries to see if they can put too much electronics on their products that's just more stuff to break. Try to get a S.E.E.R. rating of 12 or higher if they try to put a 10 in it means your getting the El Cheapo unit. The seer number means seasonal energy effienciecy rating. I put 10 seer units in homes about to be sold it's cheaper and all the home owner sees is a new unit. Most people probably know nothing about seer numbers but the higher the number the better. I advise you to tell all bidders another company told you they would do it for $400.00 less. All installers make a profit of about $1000 to $1500 per unit they install. That's why I got into HVAC why make $1000 bring home every two weeks when I can make that much in 1 day. Now I'll tell you how to figure out the contractors cost of materials are go to R.E micheals supply store if you have one near you ask for a catalog and tell them your with sears you will get fat discounts also don't try to put anything on sears account or try to rip them off I'm not promoting crime here but you can get discounts paying cash if they think you work for sears. The catalog prices are double what they charge contractors so divide them by half to get your cost. Or you can look up HVAC equipment online under goodman or ducane. Some Hvac supply houses will sell to anybody except for refridgerant which requires a special card. Don't let installers rip you off they like their easy $1000 talk them down or get someone to do it as side work. Let me know what equipment your considering tons of ac and I will tell you equipment cost so you can get a fair price on the labor. A $400 profit is very fair some charge $2000 profit for a days work don't get screwed.

Old 03-25-05, 11:47 AM
Wink

Ill go for Trane lennox and Rheem as how to go .Work better and hold up better than the rest Heil Id put way down the line. Cost of them thats why builders like them.Also with going with the heat and AC at the same time you can get a 10 year warranty on it all.
check out http://www.warmair.net for what is the best fuel to go with here for sure.
If you run your AC a long time then go for a Seer of 16 or more and a furnace of 80% AFUE if you run the furnace more then you want a AC with a SEER of 14 and a 90% afue on the furnace.
Make sure they run a heat loss and AC load on the home.
Get 3 bids .

ED

Old 03-25-05, 04:16 PM
tsa17b
Visiting Guest
Thanks for the input-

I'm looking at a Heil H8MPT075F14 furnace and a Quiet Comfort 12 Series (12 SEER) for the A/C.

While I'm at it - any opinions out there about the effectiveness vs. cost of Media Filters? I can add a Air Bear Right Angle media filter for about $325, with replacement filters running around $40 & lasting between 6 & 12 months - doesn't sound too bad to me, but any experience with these you could share would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tim

Old 03-25-05, 05:16 PM
Wink

Air Bear filters are good filters. Go for them Also get a good humidifier put in at this time

ED

Old 03-25-05, 05:24 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 12 Votes on 11 Posts
Ed

I agree on the Air Bear. As for humidifiers, I remove 100 for every one I install.
Want humidity? Cook lots of pasta