How do I get to my coils/fan/blower.

Old 04-01-05, 01:47 AM
Silentblades
Visiting Guest
How do I get to my coils/fan/blower.

I have a goodman unit. Im assuming the unit is in the garage. Or would it be in the attic where all the ducts are attached? Yes Im a newbie. Just trying to figure out wth is wrong with my A/C. And get some knowledge about it. Also what is a average price to have a tech come look at my a/c. Im in Killeen, Tx. Was thinking of Calling Fox service company but not sure if they are any good.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-05, 10:10 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wink

I hate to say spend the money. But yes call some one . Be there when they come so they can like walk you through every thing about it and see how to check it . Ask around there who they have work on their units for sure . Dont forget new air filters every 30 to 90 days heat and cool.

ED

Old 04-01-05, 05:20 PM
Around here they would charge you a service call in the amount of $45.00 look at your unit, if it would need repairs the $45.00 would go towards your bill.
Please don't go on this price alone because there are different prices, depends where you live.

Old 04-01-05, 07:16 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Selecting a service company

Check with friends, neighbors, relatives, co-workers, etc. about which companies they have used for similar problems & how well satisfied they were. Word of mouth is the best & worst advertising a company can get.

Old 04-02-05, 05:13 AM
Flat rate vs. Hourly

This trade is going more towards a flat rate price system. The flat rate system qoutes you a flat rate for them to come out and look at your system and give you an overal look and give you some options for repairs. Remember this is a trip and diagnosis fee and what they do after that is extra. My company works on a hourly rate 60.00 per hour and the clock starts when we call you and tell you where we are leaving from and a time we expect to arrive then we to travel to your house. I can normally get to my next call in 15 min. so the first 60.00 is really 45 min. of being there on site. We if it takes 90 min. to do the repair then the charge is 90.00 easy see. This way we figure that the customer knows exactly what they are being charged for.