Evaporative Cooler ?'s

Old 04-08-05, 12:18 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Evaporative Cooler ?'s

Hi, all. I live in the Southwest desert and currently have central a/c. Up until June it is usually just hot and dry, with no rain. My house is not that big and is only set up for central a/c. What I want to do is purchase a portable evap cooler to use in the house. That way I can save some money and not have to use my a/c until the humidity comes later in the summer. This is a unit I was looking at:

http://www.lowes.com/lkn?action=prod...500&lpage=none

would something like this be sufficient to cool most of my house (house is around 1300 sq feet)? I was thinking about a window unit but can't find a place to put it without the vent being up against a couch, table, etc. (like I said its a small house and not much room to work with). Just looking for something semi efficient when the 110 degree days come but at the same time trying to save some dough. I thought getting a roof mount unit or ground mount unit but between the cooler cost and duct cost it would run me significantly more. Since the evap won't be the main source of cooling (just for those hot dry days) I was trying to avoid a full blown project. Any ideas, comments? Thanks for the help.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-05, 02:08 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wink

Might look at them in http://www.grainger.com They have how to come up with the size. I dont know if you can buy from them or not. We dont use them in a home just for big kitchens Cost wise you could put it on a wood stand on the side of the home and cut just a small hole in the wall to fit the blower right off the unit to blow in like or down a hall. Or they have a portable evaporative cooler that you can just set in the home when you need it.

ED