AC Compressor not working

Old 04-09-05, 09:20 AM
dragongirl
Visiting Guest
AC Compressor not working

My Compressor on outside Trane AC unit has been replaced twice now. Can't determine why, but when the fan stops, the outside breaker is tripped, and subsequently compressor is dead. I have tested voltage and it is at 251, and Trane says the limit for unit is 250, however, Power Company says there is a 10% over/under so the overage of voltage cannot be killing compressor. Any ideas? I am afraid to replace it again and have the same problem. Could this be interior electrical or are we getting too much voltage into the house? Help!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-05, 09:33 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wink

Im with you here what took the compressors out to start with. Boy wish I had that kind of voltage here. Now first does power go off on for a short time and back on??? If so you need a time delay. Is there a voltage swing ??? up and down.What is the amp draw on teh unit.Now was the first compressor a burn out???? If so did they clean the whole unit out like they should have. Put new drier in it and check them?? After 3 new compressors I think you need a new tech here. Id call Trane about this.

ED