Drip pan rusted out

Old 04-17-05, 04:57 PM
jimbodance
Visiting Guest
Drip pan rusted out

I have a Janetrol heating and air conditioning system it is 15 years old. The drip pan is rusted out. Should i replace the whole system since it is 15 years old, or just replace the rusted out drip pan. It looks like the A-coils are rusted to the pan. I used it to the end of last year. But it is now time to either fix it or replace the whole system. Advice please.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-05, 05:09 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wink

You dont say just what you have there. A coil, Horz coil heat pump, furnace ,gas, oil it all helps.
But you could get a new coil and pan there. You say the unit is 15 years old. That is what I look at as about the end of the line for the AC . So when you say what to do Id say get all new inside and outside. You can get a much higher SEER on the AC now. If you will stay in the home for 10 more years get a good one, one with a high seer on it. Also get a new furnace for heat . lot of the companys now give a 10 year warranty on the whole set up if you do it all new.

Get 3 bids for the job

ED

Old 04-17-05, 06:18 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
If you have the extra money change it all out, very good investment that you won't regret,