window air conditioner in the wall????

Old 06-06-05, 09:48 AM
jdo
Visiting Guest
window air conditioner in the wall????

Could someone please tell me why I can't put my window air conditioner in a wall sleeve? My apartment has the wall sleeve available and I put my air conditioner in there and it works for about 15 min and then the air get's warm. I had a persone come look at it and he said that you can't put window air conditioners in sleeve units? Would that cause the air to be warm? So we paid this guy 45 dollars (can) to put two plastic panels running on an angle from the back of the air conditioner to the outside of the wall unit. He said it would angle the hot air out and woul be fine for us for the summer. 2 hours after he left, it didn't work again. Any suggestions? Should we just put it in a window? or, can we put it in the wall sleeve somehow? Thank you!!!!! Its hot here now, I'm desperate for ideas.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-05, 11:40 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Just install your unit in a window. Yours doesn't work properly because window units need air on all sides to work properly. Slide-in wall units are designed to only need the outer face exposed to the great outdoors.
ps- Why won't your landlord provide you with a proper working unit?

Old 06-06-05, 01:13 PM
jdo
Visiting Guest
HI. Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately our landlord told us at the beginning when we moved in that we were allowed to run an air conditioner free of charge but we had to purchase the actual air conditioner. Do you think if we already ran the air conditioner for a bit inside the sleeve that we may have harmed some of the parts inside (i.e. the compressor)??? Thanks again.

J

Old 06-06-05, 02:49 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
There hsouldn't be any harm done yet.. It may of gone off on high temp inside the comprressor. Ask the landlord if he knows a dealer in your area that have slide in A/C unit.

As said above, window unit breaths on the side/top, and blow out the front... Your unit isn't breathing in on the side...