Price for a new Trane unit

Old 06-08-05, 07:48 AM
BrianDuy
Visiting Guest
Price for a new Trane unit

I am having a new Trane outdoor unit installed in my house. I do not have the model number with me but I do know the price they are charging me. 3200.00 to install. My house is about 1900 SQ feet. I have no idea if this is a reasonable price or not. Any help would be appreciated. I was told by the technician that it is the top of the line. I will find out more specifics later when I talk to him again.

Old 06-08-05, 07:56 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wink

Its very hard to say the cost for a job as it is so different all over the states .I would say get 3 bid for the job for sure. Also how old is the system you have ??? If you change the outdoor unit you for sure need to put a new coil inside also.

ED

Old 06-08-05, 08:04 AM
BrianDuy
Visiting Guest
New Homeowner Dumb mistake

I live in northern VA, close to DC, where it can get very hot and humid in the summer.

I purchased the home in March of 04, Did not know where the filter was inside the house so naturally never changed it and it became cloged over the past year. The technician told me that this is the root of the problem.

Bottom line is I can spend a lot of money on fixing the outdoor unit or replace the outdoor unit.

The tech said my indoor unit is in good shape and just need to change the filter every 3 months.

You are saying I should have him check the coil inside?

Old 06-08-05, 08:33 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Several factors to consider.

Size and model of unit?

Do you have a gas furnace? I am assuming you do.
Does price include a new evaporator coil? This is the only way you can expect to achieve your rated SEER with matched outside unit with inside evap coil.

Like Ed says,get several quotes and insist upon a minimum rated 14 SEER based on area you live. I would also insist upon a written Manual J heat/cool load calculation for properly sizing equipment.

Good Luck!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: