Portable Air Conditioning Unit

Old 06-09-05, 10:33 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Portable Air Conditioning Unit

I am looking for a manual for a portable AC unit. Sisco seams to no longer make portable AC units, they only make central units for commercial,industrial,military. If anybody has this unit, please let me know if you can supply me with a manual.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Personal Air By Sisco
Model #4227
Serial #004522

Old 06-10-05, 08:35 AM
I'ved looked around and came up empty.. What are you looking for or trying to figure out??

Old 06-10-05, 10:16 AM
I am trying to find out if this unit has filler valves. And if so, where. I believe this unit needs to recharged. It looks like a early or middle 90's model. The air it pushes out is barely colder than the room air. Because of this, it won't bring the temp down like a AC is supposed to do.

Old 06-10-05, 10:19 PM
The shreader valve may not be on this unit.. Most small A/C are sealed system..

You could take it in to have it serviced.. It may cost you more than a new unit may cost.

Old 06-12-05, 02:16 PM
Well... Regardless if this is a sealed unit or not, I have compared portable AC units with this one and mine is like a 300 to 400 dollar unit so if it costs 100 dollars to fix, I am all for it!

Old 06-12-05, 03:09 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wink

Dont know that unit. But lot of the small compressors have a charge port on them but they all take different kind of tools to get on. If not any hvac shop can put a line tap on it. If the compressor has a charge tail there put the line tap on it.

ED

Old 12-18-05, 04:35 PM
nikski
Visiting Guest
Sisco Personal Air Model 4227

Did you find a manual for this unit?

I have an opportunity to buy one at a "moving sale" but couldn't figure out how the unit vents hot air. Does yours have a vent hose?

Old 08-12-12, 08:16 PM
A
Sisco Mobile-Air 4227

So did anyone ever locate a manual for this ? I know that this thread is crazy-old, but I'm hoping to get lucky. My mom bought one of these at a garage sale a couple years ago. It looked brand-new - factory refurb maybe. Anyway, she says that it worked fine last summer, but she just tried to use it and even though it does blow cold-air, there is hot-air coming out the exaust. I haven't gone over to look at it yet. Is there supposed to be a venting hose to send that air outside or something ?

Help !!!!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: