No air coming through register downstairs...

Old 06-18-05, 09:27 AM
greenere
Visiting Guest
No air coming through register downstairs...

Brand new house (built within 1 year or less)...last week, experienced some very hot days....the house has two condensor or compressor units....one for the upstairs, one for the downstairs....(York is the brand name)...during a couple of the days while it was really hot, I believe I ran both up and downstairs units constantly....one particular day, I noticed that the downstairs condensor unit outside had ice running along the copper pipes leading to the compressor(was visable through the fan grill)...what brought this to my attention was that I noticed that the curtains above the register downstairs weren't moving, and that it was noticably warmer downstairs than upstairs...it seems that the air handler for the downstairs unit is not functioning....I turned off the downstairs unit for two days to allow the ice to thaw....once there was no presence of ice on the copper tubing, I restarted the downstairs unit on the thermostat.....the fan outside works, I didn't want to run it too long because I heard that you can burn out the compressor....but when I did turn it on, the curtains still are not moving due to the lack of air flow.....is there some type of external fuse or reset switch located somewhere?...I reset the circuit breaker on the main box in the house, but there's no change.....

Warm downstairs, cool upstairs....

Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-05, 12:44 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wink

Lots of IFS IFS here. Air filter clean ,coil clean, does blower run. when blower didnt come on after the ice was gone Id start there. Inside blower relay ,motor, capacitor.

ED