Installing Air handler

Old 06-18-05, 06:03 PM
MarkyMark101
Visiting Guest
Installing Air handler

I just purchased a Goodman AEPT36 air handler and I'm having trouble figuring out how to mount it in the vertical posistion. I'm going to install it in the garage. The air outlet is on the top which is no problem but the return is on the bottom under the AH so I have to elevate it some how to connect a return plenum and filter. Do they make a stand for air handlers? Goodman says you can mount these horizontal or vertical but they don't tell how. Horizontal would be easier but I dont have the room for that. When I purchased the unit I was under the impression that the return was on the side at the bottom not directly under the unit or I would have never bought it. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I would hate to spend an other $300 to ship it back.
Mark

Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-05, 07:05 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wink

We just make a sheet metal box for it to set on . Then tap the cold air drop to it . If the unit has a slide out filter make sure you can get it in and out there.

ED

Old 06-18-05, 07:11 PM
MarkyMark101
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by Ed Imeduc
We just make a sheet metal box for it to set on . Then tap the cold air drop to it . If the unit has a slide out filter make sure you can get it in and out there.

ED

What gauge sheet metal do you use? This thing weighs 175lbs. I though of doing that but was afraid I would crush box.

Old 06-18-05, 07:42 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wink

We use 28ga all the time. The best way is to make like a metal wrap around duct that will fit the unit. Then just make two end caps to slip on the top and bottom of the wrap around . Set the unit on it. Be sure to cut out the hole for the air to get to the blower

ED