Primary drain pan leaking

Old 06-22-05, 08:28 AM
sds1
Visiting Guest
Question Primary drain pan leaking

I have a Goodman air handler in my attic that is leaking water. Water is flowing out of the primary drain pan, collecting in the bottom of the unit, then running out of the lowest point, missing the secondary drain pan. In looking further, it appears that there is a hairline crack in the threaded pipe of the primary drain pan, where it connects to the drain line plumbing. I tried applying epoxy, but it doesn't seem to be working. Rather than paying to have the plastic drain pan replaced, I would like to fix it. Any thoughts?

Last edited by sds1; 06-22-05 at 01:46 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-05, 04:05 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Drain pan

Don't even try to repair it. You are wasting your time. Goodman pans should be readily available & replacing it is usually an easy job.

Old 06-23-05, 08:33 AM
sds1
Visiting Guest
Question Drain Pan

Grady,

Thank you for the reply. I was looking to fix it because I got a quote for around $500 to replace the drain pan, including labor. They said the lines need to be cut and the system would need to be recharged. Can the drain pan be replaced without doing all of this (It's a Goodman A30-05)? The unit is 8 years old, so should I just replace the whole air handler at this point?

Old 06-23-05, 02:25 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Drain Pan

Often a drain pan can be replaced without having to cut the lines. It takes care as not to kink the lines, but usually can be done.