Options to cool small area

Old 07-01-05, 07:11 AM
chetmichaels
Visiting Guest
Options to cool small area

Where I work the a/c goes out every year and when they come out to fix it they don't usually do a good job and it gets hot again really fast. I'm looking for a way to cool probably a 5x8' area but its open. Humidity is pretty high here in Texas -I've gotten a mini swamp cooler from ebay just for my area but its not doing much and the portable acs cost waaaay too much at $300+. any ideas? maybe i can ghetto rig a window unit with a dryer duct up to the ceiling but its very unsightly and boss man might get mad....
trying to do it for under $100 as its all i can afford and i dont think it should be my responsibility anyway but id rather do something than sweat all day

Old 07-01-05, 10:18 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wink

Humidity is pretty high here in Texas -I've gotten a mini swamp cooler from ebay just for my area but its not doing much
Take it out you are going the wrong way here. The AC main job is to take out the humidity. What you are doing with this swamp cooler is fight what the AC is trying to do.Try just a fan right on you there is the best way.

ED

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: