air not cold; how to test the pressure?

Old 07-20-05, 08:39 PM
highjumper
Visiting Guest
air not cold; how to test the pressure?

Dear friends,

I need your help here. I have a central aircon that doesn’t blow out air as cold as before. The two pipes, thin and thick, are warm and cool but the insulated thick pipe connecting to the outside aircon unit is not cold (it is still cool). I checked the evaporator coil there are some water on it but no ice. Once again, the evaporator coil is cool but not cold. I put my hand on the evaporator it is not “sticky”. I want to check the pressure. However the gauge doesn’t change a thing when I connect it to the values outside.

I guess that is a back-seating valve. I tried to use my flares to turn the stem but it is so tight. I am afraid of damaging the values. Would you please help me diagnose the problem? Then should I use some special tool to open the valve for gauging the pressure?

Thank you so much for your input in advance. I’d be happy enough if you could just tell me how to open the valve to test the pressure.

I have Bryant central aircon.

Old 07-21-05, 04:30 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Unless you are licensed by the EPA it is illegal for you to hook gauges up to your system. Also we are not allowed to give those instructions on this site. Sorry.

If the coils are clean and the filter is clean you will need a pro to check the charge.

Old 07-21-05, 04:51 AM
highjumper
Visiting Guest
OK, I will check the coils and filter first.

1. How do it judge if the coil and filter clean or not. (are you saying the evaporator coil?)

2. If not, should I just wipe out the dirt?

3. Is the filter the one on ceiling at the end of the circulating vent conduct?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: