HELP! A/C leaking into basement!

Old 07-21-05, 09:30 PM
Dolphins3299
Visiting Guest
Exclamation HELP! A/C leaking into basement!

Forgive me, but I am no expert at this. All of a sudden when my a/c is on it is leaking a lot of water into my basement. I have read other posts and cannot see anything that is similar to my set up. I do not have a floor drain in my basement, but rather a sump pump. The leaking is coming from right above my furnace where part of the a/c unit is connected. There is a lot of duct tape there and it is leaking from the bottom and running down the back side of the furnace onto the floor. Also, I have what looks like some kind of mini pump mounted to the back of the furnace in which a hose runs from the a/c. Could it be that is what you are referring to as the lines in which to suck out? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Old 07-22-05, 04:17 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
That little pump is the condensate pump. Pull off the rubber hose from the pump that goes into the a/c and see if it drains. If it don't suck it out good with a shop-vac and see if it clears it out. If it does then hook it back up and make sure the pump is pumping when it fills.

Old 07-24-05, 01:00 PM
Dolphins3299
Visiting Guest
Smile Thank you :)

I just wanted to say "Thank You Mattison!" It sure did the trick. Just to think something very simple like that could cause such issues. You saved me lots of $$$. God bless you!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: