Need AC HELP Please

Old 07-28-05, 09:27 AM
Ramrod48
Visiting Guest
Need AC HELP Please

I live in Florida in a 1975 Doublewide, At nite my AC works perfect , . During the day its a killer if its 100 degress outside the best I can get inside is 85 degress , I have it set on 76 degress. I had to have the start capister replaced , The AC Tech said my system was good to go , freon level ok gauge readings good . vent temp is 60 degress out put . on the return side its like 80 degress, is this just an insulation problem ? I belive its like a 3ton unit . My electric bill is a killer its like $300.00 a month an Iam on disability .before I owned a 1989 home that was 1500sf , an all electric ,an my Elec. bill was like $150 max . In the moblie I have GAS , dryer , stove , hot water, ( Furance is broke ). The AC never cycles during the day . One thing I have noticed is the fins on the outer coils are just warm ? . In the house I had a Heat pump set up, an with the AC going the outer coils were HOT to the touch. Could this be a problem ??Most days its better to go outside for a hour or so an then come in the house an it feels cooler for a bit . but the you start sweating inside , an thats with the celing fans going . Any Idea'S ??????????? Please

Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-05, 04:16 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
dampers

some homes and AC systems have outside air dampers. If you do close it shut. Shut the curtains tight to prevent solar gain. If water is cheap there you might run the sprinkler on the side getting hit with the sun. As the water evaporates it will pull heat along with it. It's really wastefull of water to do this but when your in a pinch, you gotta do what you gotta do! The 20 degree split is all you can do for an AC. Go to HD or Lowes and get a small AC window unit for a room you can escape to.. I think the insulation is likely the problem. It sounds like your gaining about as much as you cooling. A dark colored trailer is another factor that could add heat or a black roof. I think they make a reflective silver roof sealant with a penguin on the label for that purpose....
Good Luck!

Old 07-28-05, 05:11 PM
Ramrod48
Visiting Guest
Yeppers got the shades an blinds drawn tight. thought about setting the sprinkler up on the roof , ( Iam sure the water police would frown ) , An yea the mobile is white . I was looking at a roof product thats white called Cool Seal. I think it would be better then the silver stuff ?. Thanks for the reply .....