A/C Air Handler (York) blower does not shut off

Old 08-14-05, 05:28 PM
especht
Visiting Guest
A/C Air Handler (York) blower does not shut off

My A/C system has been running for 4 or 5 years without an issue
When the temp in the house reaches the desire cool setting (78 degrees) the A/C compressor shuts off, but the blower on the Air Handle is still running.

I need to remove the front of the thermostat from the wall, thus disconnecting the front front from the back thermostat connectors. Only then after about 15-20 seconds does the Air Handler stop running.

I replaced the thermostat and I still have the same issue.

One thing I have to point out is that I think this happened after we had a power surge.

I spoke with a York tech last week and I have since replaced the control board, and the transformer and I still have the issue. I remember the tech told me he first thought I might have crossed wires (mice ?), well to eliminate this I connected the thermostat (leads Y and G) right next to the Air HAndler. I still have the same results, the blower does not shut off and the compressor does.... The only thing left is the capacitor on the blower... ??

What other sugguestions ??

The Air handler is from York, model number F2RP036H06B

Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-05, 06:05 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Could be a bad fan relay, I'd call the tech back to inspect it again

Old 08-14-05, 06:09 PM
especht
Visiting Guest
Thank you for your response. I replaced the parts myself, there is really not too much to the unit. Where is fan relay ? I thought the Contorl board actually controls the fan.

Old 01-02-08, 04:35 PM
Did you ever figure this out? I'm having the exact same problem with this unit.

Thanks.

Old 01-03-08, 05:04 PM
Well now I guess we may need to gather some more info. Test NO 1 When the cooling cycle cuts off due to the desried temp is reached and the outside condensor shuts down and the air handler blower continues to run lets simply pull the G Green wire off AT THE AIR HANDLER end. If your blower now stops we can safely say that the problem is either a short in the wiring between red (hot) and the G green wire or simply a bad thermostat. Now if the blower contiues its wild ways after the above test NO 1 we need to move to Test NO 2 Find the blower delay relay. Now when the desired temp is reached and the blower should shut down and does not, do a sharp hit with a screwdriver on the relay if your blower cuts off replace the delay relay and live happily ever after. Post back if you have no luck and need more Tests. Saturn is here for you man.