Cool Air Coming From Unit

Old 08-15-05, 11:25 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Cool Air Coming From Unit

I have a less than two year old house and I just noticed something with the air conditioning unit (may happen with the heat but too hot to check now)--the part that is in the basement not the part outside.

There are two sections of sheet metal one sits on the floor and the other goes up and connects to the duct system. It seems that where the two pieces meet there is alot of air coming out. Is this normal or should we try to seal the two together better--maybe that silver tape, caulk, weather stripping, or maybe something else.

Thanks!!!

Old 08-15-05, 06:51 PM
L
Talking duct

if yor talking about the joints were the duct join yes fix it go to the lowes and get some duct sealer and paint it on it

Old 08-16-05, 04:24 AM
Duct sealer is the best way to go. Just make sure the unit is not on when you use it and let it cure good before running it or your house may get stunk up. You could use aluminum tape also and if you clean the area 1st with some vinigar the get the oils off it will last for years.

Old 08-16-05, 07:27 AM
M
Thanks for your help. That is what I told my husband but he didn't believe me and wanted to call a ac guy which I said was a waste of money.

Thanks!!!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: