Controllable dampers

Old 08-22-05, 07:17 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Controllable dampers

I have a two story house that has the typical problems with heating and cooling. I.e. the upstairs is hot in the summer and the downstairs is cold in the winter. I have offset this problem a little by changing the damper settings at the air plenum and forcing more air downstairs in winter and more upstairs in summer. This is somewhat okay but it requires a trip to the attic at least twice per year. Are there any remotely controllable air dampers that can be installed at the air plenum for easier adjustment?

Old 08-23-05, 04:00 AM
Not that are going to give you the control that the hand dampers give you. Besides it gets you up in the attic where you can pour a little bleach water down into the a/c trap to clean it out and check on other maintenance items with the air handler.

Old 08-23-05, 07:12 PM
L
Wink damper

there are systems for this but unless you got cash to burn id go up to the hand dampers . trackers systems are very costly

Old 08-28-05, 09:09 AM
northbender
Visiting Guest
Zoning residentual a/c system

My experences with damper conrols for the home are almost all bad. try running the indoor fan all the time, use the 'fan switch' on the t-stat, set it to 'on' from 'auto'. This will run the indoor fan all the time and some what blend the total house during the cooling of cycle. This will cause your air filter to get dirty faster but thats what it's there for.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: