AC after vacation

Old 09-01-05, 03:27 PM
EthanCW
Visiting Guest
Arrow AC after vacation

Well, my wife and I just got back home in D. E. Tx @ midnight. and our place was cool, the theromstate said 80. So we set the air conditioner to 79. and the air conditioner come on like it should. Go to bed and wake up with the temp at 81, and it's obvious that the air conditioner isn't doing what it's supposed to be doing. So upon inspection we find the induction filter is filthey and we'd probably been running the air conditioner for +12 hrs with little to no air flow. Got up into the attic to look at the coils and there is a 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick sheet of ice on 85% of the cooling coil, so I let it defrost for a couple hours. Upon re inspection the cooler is almost all the way thaughed, and i turn the unit back on to see if it'll cool The same thing happens, just more luke chilled air. So i turned off the air conditioner and let just the fan run for a two hours and still nothing.

So I guess my question is exactly how long DOES it take to thaugh out at chiller?

Old 09-01-05, 06:42 PM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
ice ice baby

id give it 6 to 8 hrs to be on safe side depending on size of unit i have gone as much as 12 hrs but i think 6 should do it with the heat we have been getting

Old 09-01-05, 06:45 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
It may take a few hours or more to thaw the ice off the coil.. Leave the fan in "ON" to help thaw the ice.

You said you replaced the filter right?? Not sure what you mean by "Induction filter"???

If the filter is clean and breaths well, then the system maybe low on charge or low air flow, or coil dirty.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: