Honeywell CT3500 Thermostat Question

Old 09-02-05, 09:42 AM
jphavener
Visiting Guest
Honeywell CT3500 Thermostat Question

So, does anybody have one of these? It is a 5-1-1 programmable thermostat made by, obviously, Honeywell.

It is a nice thermostat but the instruction manual is lacking a few things. First of all, how to reset the filter timer. I figured that one out on my own. Second, it doesn't tell you that Feature #43 is the filter timer setting. Again, figured that one out.

My main reason for posting is I want to know what Feature #'s 37, 44, & 45 are for The manual lists #37 but tells you not to adjust it. #'s 44 & 45 are left out of the manual.

So has anybody else figured out what they control?

Thanks,

Jeff

Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-05, 07:16 PM
Jeff,

I looked all over the web, and came up with nothing on what those # are for..

I wouldn't mess with it as long your system is working fine..

Is it set up right for you system??

Old 09-06-05, 06:02 PM
jphavener
Visiting Guest
Jay,

I also looked all over the internet and came up with nothing. So I sent Honeywell a tech question.

Here is their response:

"Jeff,

Thank you for contacting Honeywell.

Feature number 37 in the installer setup is a system specific setting
which is factory preset and we recommend not to change this setting as
this might affect the operation of the thermostat.
Feature number 43 is for a filter timer which can be adjusted for the
number of days the filter timer will work for.
Feature number 44 is for a humidifier pad timer which can be adjusted
for the number of days the humidifier pad timer will work for.
Feature number 45 is for a Ultra Violet Lamp timer which can be adjusted
for the number of days the Ultra Violet Lamp timer will work for."

So, they responded exactly how I expected them to about Feature #37 which is not to explain what it controls, just to tell me not to mess with it. I know I shouldn't mess with it. I even told them that in my email to them. I want to know what it does. I am more apt to change it if I don't know what it does than if I do. I guess a humidifier pad is a type of humidifier(obviously), and the UV lamp timer I am guessing is a feature you can add to help sterilize the air? Just a guess there. I know I don't have either one so I don't need to mess with them. My main gripe is that these guys didn't put any information whatsoever in the instruction manual on the last 3 features. They are all convenience features I know but geez, you would think that a corporation that builds defense mechanisms for our government would be a little better at writing instruction manuals!

Anyway, I'll quit my griping now. Thanks for the reply Jay!

Old 09-06-05, 08:43 PM
i would want to guess the #37 is cycle per hour? Make note of what it's reading, and change it to see what it says..

Let me know what you see.

Old 09-07-05, 08:28 AM
jphavener
Visiting Guest
I'm just gonna leave it alone. If it were officially mine I would do it but since these are the thermostats at work, I don't want to blow up the units there. I would venture to say that is probably a pretty good guess though as for the control of that feature.

I am still just baffled by the fact that they explain how to change features that you aren't supposed to change and leave out the features that you want to change, i.e. filter timer.

Old 09-09-05, 10:07 AM
DNT1
Visiting Guest
Honeywell hmmm kinda like this new LG picture phone I just traded for, it has way to much bull crap to learn to use, and most of it is basically worthless. Sometimes it does seem that we are enslaved by technology rather than freed by it.

Old 09-09-05, 01:53 PM
jphavener
Visiting Guest
I agree there DNT. Sometimes I spend more time trying to figure out how to make my universal remote do stuff for me than if I had just done it myself!

Update for you Jay. Apparently my question got forwarded to somebody else at Honeywell and he responded and told me what Feature #37 does. It is a temperature display adjustment, meaning that if you think that the display is inaccurate you can adjust it +/- 3 degrees.

So there you go. Hopefully the others I saw out in cyberspace that have been looking for this answer will find it here.

Old 08-06-07, 07:09 PM
Thanks!!!

The mystery of #37 actually helped me!!!!
My Honeywell CT3500 thermostat showed the room 3 degrees warmer than it actually was...i was about 8 hours away from buying a new thermostat when i found this post!!!! my thermostat now matches the digital thermometer i bought to prove the thermostat was wrong and my AC has stopped running 22 hours a day!!!!!

i can't express my thanks enough. honestly. my Honeywell CT3500 temperature display is accurate once again!

robbo

(maximum verbosity for better google searching for the next person that experiences the same problem as me.)

Old 10-14-07, 04:43 PM
How do you know your digital thermostat was more accurate than what the HW showed to begin with?

Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
The mystery of #37 actually helped me!!!!
My Honeywell CT3500 thermostat showed the room 3 degrees warmer than it actually was...i was about 8 hours away from buying a new thermostat when i found this post!!!! my thermostat now matches the digital thermometer i bought to prove the thermostat was wrong and my AC has stopped running 22 hours a day!!!!!

i can't express my thanks enough. honestly. my Honeywell CT3500 temperature display is accurate once again!

robbo

(maximum verbosity for better google searching for the next person that experiences the same problem as me.)