need help with ac/heater unit

Old 01-07-06, 04:32 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
need help with ac/heater unit

I have an outside unit that serves as a ac and heater. I works with a thermostat.

Today I found out that the heater is not working. So, I tried the most obvious tricks. So far nothing has help.
The fan works
if I choos Cool, and lower the Temp down then the ac kicks in. So the compressor for the ac is working.

However if I choos the HEat frim the Thermostat, and raise the Temp and wait for a while nothing happens.

I replaced the thermostat for a new one and still no luck ..

can you Help?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-06, 08:15 AM
What is the heating fuel?? Is it gas, electric, oil or what ??

Old 01-08-06, 06:32 PM
ok . heater answer

Hey coll aid
It is electric. my unit works as a a/c and heater unit. So, if I turn the a/c it will work, but if I switch it to Heater, it just blow air, not warm.

what do you think. Also the Fan is set to be in Auto,. So ....

Old 01-08-06, 07:32 PM
Sounds to me like either your Thermostat could be shot but more than likely your heat strips or a relay has gone bad. Personally I would go inspect the air handler and look inside the panel with the elctrical wiring. Look for any burnt, melted, or broken wires/componets. If youre lucky you will have a bad sequencer or a burnt wire due to a loose connection. If you can't notice anything you will need to call a A/C Tech.

Also if you take the cover off of the thermostat to where you can see the wires and the terminals they connect to you can jump the thermostat out to see if it it the thermostat or not. Just set the fan to ON (some digitals will not work without the cover on though) then use a pair of needle nose pliers or a wire and jump out R and W1 and if the heat comes on you got a bad thermostat. If you cant turn the fan on with the cover removed you will need to jump R, G, and W1 all at same time. If this sounds like to much for ya just call a Tech

Old 01-10-06, 10:15 AM
thanks

I am going to check the unit. I did buy a new thermostat and the problems was still there.

I will let you know.

Thanks,