Goodman Model PGJ024075-1

Old 05-13-06, 06:50 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

Background:

I came home one day and the fan (blower) on the AC/Heater was on even though it was turned off at the Thermostat.

I removed the wiring for the Thermostat and the fan (blower) remained on.

Went on the roof and found that there is a LED light code of 4 Blinks which on the sticker inside the unit states that it is a LS or Limit Switch open or failure.

Turned the Breaker off on the unit and of course the fan (blower) stopped.

Present:

Today I flipped the breaker back on. Every thing sounds like it is working properly except the fan(blower) will not come on at all. On the roof the blower will start to go one way very slowly then go the other way then back and so forth.

Being that I live in California... in the Valley where it is May and it is already 95 degrees I need to get this fixed pretty darn quick. Please help!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-06, 07:30 AM
Goodman units are notorious for the capacitors going bad. I would start there and see if that is your fix. If you turn the main power off then remove the service panel on the unit, the capacitor should be right there.

I would also give it a good cleaning while you're up there.

Old 05-14-06, 01:26 PM
Capacitors

What does the capacitor look like?

From the Fan (Blower) there is a PCB (Circuit board) that 5 wires connect to and then go to a 24 Volt 208/230 Volt Transformer and then to a PCB or Circuit board at the main panel.

Also what capacitor should I be looking for? There are 6 capacitor's listed in the Goodman Repair Parts Catalog.

Thank you for your help.

Roger

Old 05-14-06, 06:53 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
They are often rectangular-(rounded at the edges) and have two brown rubber coated wires going to it. Perhaps 2 or 2 1/2 inches wide, maybe 1 1/2 inches thick and maybe 3 1/2 inches long...there abouts...just so you get a rough idea.They are mounted right on the blower housing or within about a foot of it...about. Maybe that will help.

Old 05-14-06, 09:10 PM
Aux Limit Switch

I replaced the Capacitor and still the same outcome. Could it be the Limit Switch on the Blower?

What would happen if I hooked the wires on the limit switch together? How would I test to see if the Limit switch is bad or not?

Old 05-15-06, 05:16 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I just reread your post. 4 blinks. Yes. Limit switch open. Reset it by pushing in the small little pop-up between the two wires, if you have one of those thermosdisc type limit switches. If you do, it would be located up above the height of the burner, right where you can see it. (In case you have a downdraft furnace like they have in mobile homes, you may find it located next to the blower motor if your air circulating blower motor is up on the top part of your furnace.) 2 wires hook to it. Resembles the flame roll out sensor. Also resembles the sensor that is plugged into the exhaust blower motor. If you find the limit switch, if it is this type, and press it in, you will hear and/or feel a slight little click. Then you know you found your problem and it just reset. But then you still have to shut off your furncace to make the blower motor stop running, and it will reset. Then turn the furnace back on and it will come and and run the way it should.

If it limits out again, in a short time span, then you have to start figuring out why it is limiting. I am not goiing to go there until first we find out if you got your limit switch reset.

Old 05-15-06, 08:34 PM
Solid LED No Blower

The Limit Switch seems to be ok, but the blower still will not come on. Is there a way to test it?

Everything seems to be working fine except for the blower... The unit is making cold air, just can't blow it down. =(