Quiet condensate pump

Old 05-25-06, 11:57 AM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Quiet condensate pump

My condensate pump recently bit the dust and I bought a new one (beckett I think, don't know the model #) and it is so ridiculously loud it wakes me up in the middle of the night. The ac unit and condensate pump sit in a closet in the middle of my house and I need a pump that is as quiet as possible.

Any suggestions?

Last edited by rhinop; 05-25-06 at 06:22 PM.
Old 05-25-06, 06:32 PM
F
Received 38 Upvotes on 30 Posts
I like Little Giant pumps. Is it possible to pipe the condensate to a more remote location and place the pump there? It could be as simple as the condensate receiver touching some piece of sheet metal and vibrating when it comes on, maybe some carpet padding placed under and/or around the unit would help.

Old 05-25-06, 06:45 PM
R
Thanks for the reply, unfortunately the only way to re-pipe would be to break some concrete and that's more of a job than I care to partake right now. After much more internet browsing I think my old pump was an in-pan model with the motor sealed inside the housing, which made it quiet. The pump was not mounted in the a/c drip pan, but a drain pipe drained into the top of the pump from the a/c.

Does anyone know if this is common practice and if I'm on the right track to finding a quieter pump?

Old 05-26-06, 02:01 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
heres a link to little giant conensate pumps i saw one at the site that is made for in pan mounting thats what you need right theres more than one at this site.

http://www.plumbingsupply.com/condensatepumps.html

Originally Posted by rhinop
Thanks for the reply, unfortunately the only way to re-pipe would be to break some concrete and that's more of a job than I care to partake right now. After much more internet browsing I think my old pump was an in-pan model with the motor sealed inside the housing, which made it quiet. The pump was not mounted in the a/c drip pan, but a drain pipe drained into the top of the pump from the a/c.

Does anyone know if this is common practice and if I'm on the right track to finding a quieter pump?

Old 12-30-12, 04:52 PM
B
Hi Rhinop. Did you resolve this issue? I am having a similar problem with a Beckett CB201UL. I have also tried Diversitech CP-22 and the motor is also very noisy on that.

Which pump/brand would you recommend?

Old 12-30-12, 05:13 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,951 Upvotes on 3,544 Posts
blankspots.....when you do an internet search and arrive at a website.......check the thread date. This thread is over 6-1/2 years old.
Rhinop has since bought a brand new furnace

If you need specific help.....start your own thread.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: