HELP! Good attic fan brands?

Old 06-06-06, 07:47 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
HELP! Good attic fan brands?

Well my brand new 1 day old attic fan died. Its a Home Depot Master flow that was 54$... it came with the tube, fan blade, motor, and thermostat. Was perfect becuase I killed my other fan blade trying to get the dang thing off the motor. I am ready to buy one good one for now and if it last a month ill get a 2nd one. Please give me some advise on where I could get something like this locally. I am in Houston Texas.

Old 06-06-06, 07:59 PM
Received 14 Votes on 10 Posts
Your post is somewhat confusing. Are you talking about a fan that ventilates just the attic, or a whole-house fan (the kind that pulls air through the whole house)?
In any case, yours should be returnable to the store for a refund or exchange.

Old 06-06-06, 08:23 PM
C
The small attic fan on the roof that usually has a little white motor. Like this but blowing out the top. Im actually thinking of getting this unit if the blade will fit inside my aleady mounted dome.

http://www.airshack.com/Merchant2/me...-AtticVentFans

I just want whatever I put up there to be a GOOD brand that will last. Im gonna get heat stroke installing these things over and over lol.

Old 06-07-06, 06:26 PM
C
well HD took back the attic fans.. im gonna order a BROAN...

http://www.ventingdirect.com/product...roductID=35316

Old 06-09-06, 11:51 AM
E
dayton is probably the best

Old 06-24-06, 12:21 AM
C
For anyone else thinking of doing this.. the motors on teh Gable style attic vents are most of the time not made to be put on thier back. I finally found out why I was burning up attic fans. Some motors can handle both types of mounts. I was trying to save money by using the gable setups and useing the pieces I need to repair my roof mount.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: