Air con in protection mode

Old 06-15-06, 07:01 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Air con in protection mode

Hi, I'm new to the forum and looking for help on sorting out a split A/C unit that keeps going into 'protection mode'.
the installation guys reckon that the 38 foot distance from condesnor to the inside unit is the cause of the problems and have put in a bit more gas. It then ran fine for about 4 hours but when we turned it off thne on again at night is shut down again after 20mins.

Any help would be appreciated.
JB

Old 06-15-06, 07:28 AM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Wink

keeps going into 'protection mode'
just what shuts off where???? Need more info

On most units the line set is good for up to 50ft for the line size. Is small line warm like and big line cold and wet at outdoor unit? What is amp draw on compressor?

ED

Old 06-15-06, 08:59 AM
R
Also what is the size of the unit?

Old 06-27-06, 12:28 AM
J
Sorry for the long wait in reply.
When it goes into protection mode it is the inside unit which shuts down which then turns off the fan on the outside unit. the manual says protection mode is an internal safety overide system and needs service personnel to correct.
The units are 12000 btu (although this may be a UK measurement) and apparently are fine for rooms up to 50 square feet.

The unit is in my hoilday home so I'll have to have a good check when I'm there next (about three weeks time). Is there anything you would advise me to confirm when I'm there??
I've been told to look into a nitrogen test to make sure the coolant is not leaking - does thism sound OK.

JB

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: