Help - installing window a/c

Old 06-16-06, 08:18 AM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Help - installing window a/c

This may sound dumb, I am a senior lady who inherited a small window ac unit with my new condo last Fall. It's not heavy. My problem is I'm not sure how to seat it so that it is secure. Is the upper window enough to keep it secure? It had nothing holding it in other than that last year when I removed it for winter, but I just put it in and am not sure if it is in correctly. It is tilting slightly in front.
Can someone walk me through how it should be sitting in relation to the "lip" on the bottom sill?

Old 06-16-06, 02:20 PM
It will be hard to tell you.. But yes, when you set the unit in, the upper window should be down so the upper lip of the unit itself rests on the window.

Ask your neighbor and see if they can give you a hand or a maint. dept. I am sure someone there at the condo would be happy to help.

make sure the unit tilts toward the outside, so the water from the coil can drain away from the inside.

Old 06-25-06, 06:44 AM
N
Thumbs up Thanks, Jay I'm all set now

I took your advice, asked a guy I know to look at it.

I was installing it without a manual. It took him a few minutes to figure out was wrong. Turns out the previous owner had attached the side pieces which fold like an accordion to close the gap in the window beside the AC unit, backwards and upside down!
He unscrewed them, switched them, and it's now sitting very securely on the ledge.

Old 06-25-06, 05:52 PM
Glad to hear you got some to help ya out!

Thanks for posting back.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: