a/c running but air isn't cool

Old 06-22-06, 07:36 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
a/c running but air isn't cool

My air quit on Sunday. With help from this site, I determined that the transformer was bad because it didn't have 24 volts going to thermostat. I replaced this. I found that the overflow pan had water in it and wasn't draining--I've taken care of this and now the air runs, but it is slightly cool. Smaller copper tube outside is cool and larger one has frost or little ice around the part not insulated. Air was working fine before Sunday. I welcome any help.

Old 06-22-06, 07:57 PM
If there is frost on the larger line, make sure your air filter is clean. all vents are open and free flow of air.

If all good above, then make sure the blower cage is clean, and also both inside and outside coil is clean.

Otherwise, system maybe low on charge. Then it's time to call a Pro and have the system charge taken cared of.

Old 06-25-06, 11:23 AM
T
Originally Posted by toolman
My air quit on Sunday. With help from this site, I determined that the transformer was bad because it didn't have 24 volts going to thermostat. I replaced this. I found that the overflow pan had water in it and wasn't draining--I've taken care of this and now the air runs, but it is slightly cool. Smaller copper tube outside is cool and larger one has frost or little ice around the part not insulated. Air was working fine before Sunday. I welcome any help.
sounds like you are low on freeon

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: