Oversized windows and AC units

Old 06-22-06, 08:23 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Oversized windows and AC units

Hi everyone,

I am a little late to the AC party this year but I need to get a move on it. Anyway, I noticed store brand AC window units are 36" across. The problem is my windows are all 39" in width. Can I still go with standard units or do I have to find oversized ones?

Old 06-22-06, 08:47 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
window units have what are called accordion panels that adjust to differnt window widths.On mine they can be removed to fit in smaller windows.A standerd window unit can be placed in a slider window and they also make window units for slider windows but they cost more.If you can't fit a window unit in your window you can buy a portable unit that you just vent out the window like a dryer.Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by jhferry
Hi everyone,

I am a little late to the AC party this year but I need to get a move on it. Anyway, I noticed store brand AC window units are 36" across. The problem is my windows are all 39" in width. Can I still go with standard units or do I have to find oversized ones?

Old 06-23-06, 04:18 AM
If you get it and even after the accordians are pulled out and it don't fit. You can just remove them and fill it with plywood. Paint the plywood to match the outside window frame color and it will even look better than the accordian.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: