water in return duct drip pan empty

Old 07-19-06, 08:12 AM
U
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
water in return duct drip pan empty

Seems like the condensate is not traveling to the pan at all. I have a vertical air handler with two returns on the bottom. A sheet metal transition box is mounted to the bottom of the handler just below the filter. One return is mounted to the side of that box and one is on the bottom. The returns are insulated flex. The transition box is unisulated. When the unit shuts down I can hear water dripping into the flex duct. I cant tell if this is a constant situation or just upon shut down. The unit is located in unconditioned space. I know that I need to insulate that transition but I would think that I would at least get some water in the pan that is above the transition box. Filter is new, drain is clear, and coil is clean . Thanks for any thoughts

Old 07-19-06, 09:05 AM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wink

have you checked the P trap and drain line ? Are they clean? No build up of YUK inside the drain pan? Coil clean.

When the unit shuts down I can hear water dripping into the flex duct.
A shop vac can blow and suck on the drain line. You can cut the drain line if its PVC and put it back with just a pvc couplimg.

ED

Old 07-19-06, 02:28 PM
U
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Filter is new, drain is clear, and coil is clean. Hardly any water at all in the pan. Lots in the return though.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: