New circuit board? Air snapping on and off

Old 07-27-06, 04:54 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question New circuit board? Air snapping on and off

I have a American Standard 12 Seer 1.5 years old. Lately, after air turns off it will snap on again immediately, run for 3 seconds then snap off. It will do this two to three times before ot cycles off for a normal period of time. Tech. said it needs a new circuit board. Cost of part covered by warranty. Labor nearly $250.00 to install part. Does this seem right to you?

Old 07-27-06, 05:16 AM
That labor is mighty high to change a circuit board. I think they may be adding in the profit they are losing by the board being under warranty. 1-2 hours for R&R and then check out operation is all.

Old 07-27-06, 04:35 PM
How much did they charge for the diagnostic? If that 250 bones is for his initial service visit/diagnostic plus the return trip for replacing the board it might be about right depending upon your distance out etc., now if you are paying 250 plus a diagnostic fee I would be calling the company chewing on their manager thats OUTRAGEOUS.

Old 07-28-06, 02:55 PM
A
kind of stiff for just board replacement..

I am not going to post my labor charge for that but under warranty , that seems a bit high.. but if they came out once to diagnose it,
then they figure on going to get part, come back and put it on, I would not say it is unreasonable...

and yes a bad board could cause that, but Ive also ran across some digital thermostats that did that... good way to test to see if thermostat or board is to jump R to G on your thermostat, let fan come on , time off, see if it does it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: