Lennox Air Handling Unit

Old 07-30-06, 10:03 AM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Lennox Air Handling Unit

Lennox CBS18-41-3P S/N 5192G7634 Heat Pump circa 1992 best guess.

Cooling problem. Has a leak in the "coil" per our Technician causing the refrigerant charge to leak entirely in 3-4 weeks. Been filled twice so far this summer.

We got an estimate of $2200...not to repair the coil but to replace the air handler unit. He says based upon age of equipment, to replace the coil costs more than replacing the entire air handling unit. He also said if I was going to replace the air handler unit I should go ahead and replace the fan unit outside the house as well. This pushes the estimate over $4400 now. Working on getting 2nd and 3rd estimates now.

I'm all for getting the job done "right" but are there not other alternatives to replacing the air handler if not the entire system? Is a coil replacement in these lennox machines that expensive? Can used coils be used in new ones are not available?

Not looking at window units as an alternative. Any thoughts will be appreciated.

Old 07-30-06, 10:56 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 35 Votes on 33 Posts
Replacement coil

You may be able to find an Airmax or ADP coil to replace the existing coil at far less than $2200.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: