Help ID air conditioner

Old 07-30-06, 07:40 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Help ID air conditioner

I'm getting ready to buy a townhouse that was built in 1974, and I'm pretty sure the Central Air conditioner is original. It supplies AC to a 1086 square foot, two-story townhouse.

This unit is installed in the garage, through the wall, and it's a central air unit. I've never seen this type of through-the-wall central air conditioner before, and I'm concerned that, since it's an "Uncommon" type, would I be able to replace it if I needed to? Is this a good air conditioner? Is this type of air conditioner still manufactured?

Any help that you can provide with information relating to the quality of this air conditioner and the feasability of serviciing or replacing it with a the same type of air conditioner would be greatly appreciated.

The only name brand information that I could find was located on the cover of the unit, inside the garage.

It says:
DNP Company
La Puente, CA/Collierville Tenn.
Model No. 24TWC-108K
Serial No. 14A180136
Compressor: 230v, 60 cycles, 1 phase, FLA:14.7, LRA:71.5
Fan Motor: .25HP, 230v, 60 cycles, 1 phase, FLA:3.4, LRA:6.4

Thank you for taking the time.

Mark

Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-06, 08:21 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
wait a minute here let me do some calculations Ok the facts are that the unit is (we think) 32 years old well hey no need to do any more figuring if I were buying this crib I would get enough cash allowance off the price to purchase a new system or they would have one put in to my satisfaction before any contract were signed. Talking about murphy moving into the spare bedroom man that ole clunker is gonna get you lol