A/C not cooling in the daytime

Old 08-06-06, 07:28 PM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Unhappy A/C not cooling in the daytime

I have a Trane XE 1000 in a 1500 square foot home with no shade. I live in Alabama and it is about 100 degrees during the day. My air conditioner runs non-stop, which my power bill is sky-rocketed, and will get between 80-83 degrees during the day, which is very hot. The air blowing out of my ceiling vents is cool. It will get down to normal temperature during the late night and early morning, which is about 72 degrees. I have asked my neighbors about the problem. They all claim their airconditioner works fine, unlike ours. I had 2 different air conditioning professionals come out last year with the same problem. They both claimed there was nothing wrong with the system. They checked the freon, leaks, outside unit, and unit in the attic. Nothing came up. I am pessimistic about hiring someone else to come out. I have even considered buying a window unit. Please Help.

Old 08-06-06, 08:02 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wink

Filter clean ,coil clean????? Attic lots of vents for air in and air out. No leaks in the duct work up in the attic. Cold air return duct the right size? Copper lines at the outdoor unit big one cold and wet small one warm to hot??
what size unit do you have there for the 1500 sq ft home ??

ED

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: