ductless trouble

Old 09-11-06, 03:55 AM
E
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
ductless trouble

I had a Fujitsu minisplit Haylcyon (3 indoor units) installed a year ago. This summer the indoor blowers accumulated dirt/mold. One unit is very bad (heavy accumulation). The blower won't cirulate the air. Thus, cooling ability is poor. Our installer is not very experienced with these units and is not much help. Fujitsu tech support is not much help either. They claim they have never heard of this. Blower is hard to clean if not removed. Removal is difficult, to say the least. Any information on how to clean and prevent this problem would be appreciated. Prior to this problem I would have recommeded this type sytem.

Old 09-11-06, 08:34 AM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wink

That is just one of the reasons we stay away from them. Some units you can get a vac hose there at the blower wheel and use a small brush.

ED

Old 11-17-08, 10:25 AM
D
Did you ever get it cleaned?

I am looking into getting a similar one for the basement and was wondering how good they are... It is a heat pump and AC Fujitsu.

Old 12-04-08, 01:48 PM
D
is it an inverter type unit

is this fujitsu an inverter type unit? model?

Old 12-05-08, 07:08 AM
Mold on the blower wheel after one season? I would think that you have a bad enviromental problem in the area that it is installed. You better move outta there quick or your lungs will be the same way.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: