Air Conditioner not blowing out Air HELP

Old 05-27-07, 10:26 AM
D
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air Conditioner not blowing out Air HELP

okay here is my problem... i have a gas forced air furnance with heat pump ..my ac wasnt working so i called the repair man he came over and replaced my fan motor ... and when he left everything was working wonderful .. then about 9 hours later i noticed there was no air at all coming out of the inside vents ... the outside unit is running the fan in the inside unit is working ... but no air at all .thermostat is on at cool .. temp is set lower ... when i turn the thermostat off the outside unit goes off and when i turn it on it turns on but no air at all ... what should i do // ??? any help would be wonderful .. my ac guy is gone for the weekend and my house is hot ..my house is only 3 years old ...

Old 05-27-07, 10:41 AM
J
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hard to say without being there. It's possible the unit froze up. Was there ice on the large copper line to the outdoor unit? If you have access to the indoor coil, see if it's frozen. The ice will block the air flow when the blower is on.

I suggest you turn the system off and turn the blower to "on". A frozen coil will then thaw. At that point, you will have air blowing from the vents. Let us know what happens.

Also, check your filters. If they are clean and not blocked, I would suspect a freon leak.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: