Plsss Help

Old 06-30-07, 06:46 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Plsss Help

Hi There!

I Recenty Bought A 12 000 Btu Split Unit Ac And Tried Installing It Myself.. Everything Worked Perfectly For Like A Week Or So But I Noticed That The Copper Pipe Was Dripping Gas But Since The Unit Was Working Perfectly I Didnt Bother... I Tried Turning On The Unit Today But For Some Reason It Was Just Blowing Fan. The Compressor Was Running Fine And The Unit Was Running Fine But It Was Just Blowing Fan.. I Checked Out The Copper Pipe And Noticed That It Would Freeze But No Cold Air Is Coming Out From The Split Unit.
I Am Guessing The Gas Has Leaked Out Eventhough I Made Sure I Tightend The Copper Pipe Well To The Indoor Unit. Is There Any Problem With My Unit???? Should I Replace The Copper Pipe And Get A New One Since The Connecting Copper Pipe That Came With My Unit I Find It To Be Somewhat Thin.. Is This Maybe The Reason Why The Gas Has Been Leacking Out Considering The Flare Is Very Thin?
If The Copper Pipe Froze What Does This Mean??

Pls Help

Bob!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-07, 07:01 PM
Wink

Your out of freon. I take it that you are not EPA so if you mess with the freon or try to charge it you can get a $10,000 fine. It also can be that you didnt vacuum the unit down or put a new drier in when you put it back together

Old 07-01-07, 08:00 AM
is this a system that has a freon charge in the line set?
When you hook up the line set it charges the system.

Freezing lines normally equates to 2 lbs of refrigerant low.

You do have a leak somewhere probably in your connecting fitting.

I personally would contact a local A/C business, they can check where your leak is and add Refrigerant. If you find the right contractor in the long run it would end out being cheaper and you know it would be done correctly.