condensation everywhere

Old 07-02-07, 11:50 AM
K
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry condensation everywhere

My 12 old Rheem attic evaporator coil has excessive condensation regularly. Main line doesn't keep up (3/4") and pan drain is almost always flowing. Both are open! Opened housing to find a badly rusted coil (not yet leaking) and a wet insulation in the air handler. Cleaned coils/blew out with air hose, blew out drains although not really dirty. What's happening here? How do I fix?

Old 07-02-07, 12:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

First then any frost on the lines???? C an be low on freon and the coil ice up.

Old 07-02-07, 03:30 PM
This an Air Handler only?

Is there a trap on the drain?

Most air handler must have a trap in the drain line.. The coil is under negative pressure, and air is being sucked into the drain... with the air going into the drain/pan, the air is not letting the water out of the pan.

With a trap, it prevents the air from going into the line, and allows the water to drain out.

Old 07-02-07, 04:23 PM
K
The drain catch area below the coil has two openings. One is to the drain line ( out to a 3/4" pipe and to the house drain, I assume??) and another to overflow into the pan below - both open. The overflow pan is collecting lots of water draining out the overflow over the front door. Not sure and cannot locate any other traps??

Old 07-02-07, 04:39 PM
Please take a photo of your set up, and link us to a photo host site like, imageshack, or yahoo.

Then we can see what you got for a set up.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: