heat pump or AC

Old 07-09-07, 02:10 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
heat pump or AC

i have the choice between a heatpump or AC...the Lennox XC16 AC unit or the Lennox XP16 Heat Pump. After rebates from the power company the Heat Pump ends up being cheaper... Are there any reasons to NOT get a heat pump?
Thanks

Old 07-09-07, 02:25 PM
F
Received 38 Upvotes on 30 Posts
Yes, there are reasons not to go with the heat pump and most of them have to do with the weather conditions where you live.

Old 07-09-07, 04:30 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wink

You dont say what you have there for heat now?? Is this a new unit ,an add on a furnace?? Need more info for sure. What kind of heat will you have with out the heat pump?. All we sell and install around here are heatpumps. Might go to http://warmair.net and compare fuel cost for where you live.
Id go for the heatpump for sure for lesss $$$ even if you just use the AC in it

Old 07-10-07, 12:56 PM
J
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I live in the denver area...and have a gas furnace that is less than 1 yr old. And according to http://www.met.utah.edu/jhorel/html/wx/climate/maxtemp.html the normal daily temp ea month is above 40 degrees.

Old 07-10-07, 01:09 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wink

Did you go to warmair.net and compare fuel cost there??????? As i said before go for the heatpump if it cost less just use it as a AC and the gas furnace for heat if you want.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: