Cental Air Problem

Old 07-28-07, 09:53 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Cental Air Problem

Our outside unit has stopped working. The inside unit still comes on but since the outside unit doesn't work we get a fan effect with no cold air. The thermostat has been checked and it works. The breakers have been checked and they also work so it has to be something with the outside unit itself. We don't have the money to have a professional to come fix it so we are hoping we can get some tips on other things to check. Please Help.

Old 07-28-07, 10:14 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wink

Need more info . So we can try and help do you have power outside in the unit? do you have 24V in the unit there. All wires look like they are on. The capacitors look good and ok???. If you take a stick and push the contactor in will it run??

Old 07-29-07, 08:14 AM
S
There is power in the unit. The outside unit says 280/230 volt on it. We checked the wires and one wire looked disconnected so we tried to connect it and it tripped the breaker so we disconnected again. It is copper wire by the white wire to a black box. If it helps we are working with a Lennox unit that is 10 years old. Unsure of what a contactor is.

Old 07-29-07, 12:08 PM
M
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Do you have a way to take some digital photos and post them of the wire you said was disconnected and the general area around it? post those puppies if you can.

Old 07-29-07, 12:31 PM
S
Red face

My camera is broke thanks to my six year old. I will see if I can borrow one and get back to you.

Old 07-29-07, 02:03 PM
J
I think you may need a professional. 240 volt circuits are not the place to begin your electrical training.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: