No Cold Air-- Need Help

Old 07-30-07, 11:16 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
No Cold Air-- Need Help

This morning my outside A/C Unit stopped blowing cold air. I looked at it and saw that the Compasitor was blown and replaced it. But I am still not getting any cold air. I wanted to check to see if maybe there is/are fuse(s) that may also need to be replaced. The fan is turning and the air is blowing in the house (just not cold). If that is not it, maybe someone can also give me some other advice before I spend lots of $$$$ on A/C guy.

Thanks so much.

ninagp

Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-07, 12:28 PM
If the outdoor unit is not coming on at all then you 1st want to check fuses and breakers for it.

Old 07-30-07, 12:37 PM
The unit is running its just not cold. Its blowing air, but its not sucking the hot air out and blowing cold air in. The fan outside is blowing what seems to be semi cool air instead of the hot air. Its like the a/c unit has no freon. But we just had it serviced not too long ago. I have an old carrier unit. Can someone please help me before I spend hundreds of dollars on a/c guy and find out its only a $10 part thats wrong with it.

Old 07-30-07, 12:40 PM
Wink

Is the compressor running for sure???? Is the big copper line cold and wet the small line warm to hot ???