A/c only mildly cool

Old 08-20-07, 09:55 AM
E
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
A/c only mildly cool

I just moved into a new house, the a/c checked out fine with the home inspector but now it takes hours to lower the temp just one degree. The air coming out of the vents doesn't seem very cool. It has been very hot lately but it doesn't seem to be cooling properly. I have cleaned the outside coils on the unit and the inside ones don't seem very dirty. Can anyone give me an estimate of how much a service call would run to have the refrigerant level checked and charged if necessary?

Ezra

Old 08-20-07, 10:18 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Unfortunately, home inspectors are not hvac technicians. They are really not allowed to do anything other than a visual inspection and measure supply/ return air temperatures. This in itself is not enough. I always tell everyone to get a good hvac tech to look it over before you buy. With the cost of equipment, it really pays to know what you are getting into. You can use this information as a negotiating tool.

Service call prices vary widely from as little as $70 to a few hundred. Beware of super low prices (like $19.95) or free service calls.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: