High Cool Latch [Merged thread]

Old 09-09-07, 05:38 PM
Super Moderator
I hope the dealer helps.

To clarify, I did not suggest you don't ask any more questions.
I asked you to post any further questions on this a/c here in this thread rather than starting another one.

Good luck.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-07, 02:26 PM
Update:

I talked to the installing dealer today to get his take on my problem. he was aware of it and told me that he has done all he can and my situation requires a Bryant engineering technician to troubleshoot the electronics. He also said that he is awaiting a call from them as to when a Bryant Factory engineering tech can be available to come to my home with the installing dealer to assist him in troubleshooting.

I sent an email to Bryant asking why they are dragging their feet in not responding in a prompt manner as to when a tech will be available. My complaint was filed August 22 and this is more then enough time for them to set up an appointment with me. But I have not receive any progress reports on my file and I don't even know if they are pursueing a solution. So today, I told them they have until the end of this week to contact me and set up an appointment or I will file suit.
This is something I do not want to do but when consumers are shut off from progress reports on their complaints, then the only thing left is to file suit.

Old 09-19-07, 06:11 PM
Update:

Today, the dealers technician and a field manager came to trouble shoot the AC system.
The field manager told me the problem was found as to why I had little or no moisture removal in low speed compressor. It turn out that a TXV as pictured in the install instructions was not installed because: (Quote Instructions) Puron fan coils and furnace coils come factory equipped with a bi-flow, hard shutoff TXV specifically designed for Puron two speed units. No TXV changeout is required. Note: FK4 and FC4 fan coils are equipped with an R22 TXV. If either of these fan coils is used on a Puron air conditioner, the R22 TXV must be replaced with a factory approved Puron TXV. (Unquote)

So it appears the dealer may have missed this important note and used a FK4 or FC4 indoor coil and not realizing he should have change it out for a factory approved TXV.
The existing furnace coil setup has a Nut with a number stamped on it and inside this Nut, I believe there is some type of metering device (like an orifice) to control the high pressure side as it enters the coil.
I hope this all makes sense as I only understood bits and pieces of what was wrong. The technician said "this should not have happened" and he will make arrangements with me to come again to install the TXV.

As for the High Cool Latch, the field manager said that it is a control problem and will provide a replacement thermostat.
So I hope they are correct in their diagnosis.

So if an AC or Heating problem crops up that the installer
has difficulty finding a solution, then there's always a field representative available if you request to speak with them at customer support. Get their direct phone number, so that you can follow up on future observations and progress reports on your complaint. He will work with the technician to find the solution. Good Luck.

Old 09-19-07, 06:41 PM
Super Moderator
Thumbs up Glad it worked out!

This is how it should have played out from the beginning.

Old 09-20-07, 05:03 AM
I think the dealership is a bit embarrassed that a consumer with no AC training persisted for them to find a solution and they thought they had it right, the first time. It took two years for them to find out a mistake was made. This is another case of foot dragging with no attempt to double check all parts of the installation by the install manual.