Lennox air conditioner/ heat pump

Old 09-04-07, 10:05 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Lennox air conditioner/ heat pump

Hello there,

I have spent the weekend reading post and think that I may have an idea of what I need to do, but want to run it past someone with more knowledge of this stuff. My air went down this weekend while I was at work. I came home and read up on posts on tis site. So, I tried out a few of the things that were suggested. What I found was that my outdoor fan was not working. It did start and ran for two minutes before shutting off and then didn't come back on. I tried to move it with a stick, but it did not start up again. This was to test the idea that the cap. may not be working. The compressor outside comes on and so does everything inside. It seems that the outside fan is the issue. I have decided to replace the fan motor and the cap. Does this sound like a logical approach or could something else be the problem. Thanks!

Old 09-05-07, 08:15 AM
J
I would verify there is power going to the condenser fan motor before replacing it. It's possible you may have a bad defrost control. On some units, while in defrost mode, the fan is turned off. If the defrost board has problems, it can do some strange things.

Old 09-05-07, 12:50 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wink

Like said check that it does get power all the time. If it does then its a new motor and new capacitor.. Make sure you get the same HP, RPM, and it turns the same way

Old 09-05-07, 08:20 PM
S
Post Thanks for the help

Thank you for the advice. Could anyone explain how I can go about testing the power? I am guessing with a voltimeter, but where do I need to connect it? Thank you for the help. Hoping to figure this out for myself if possible.

Old 05-24-12, 09:19 PM
M
my son and me tried the stick test and it turned it on! Thanks for the great advice! we will be cool tonight and tommorrow will be buying a new compacitor! saved me money that I don't have!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: