After Insulation Installed AC not blowing cold air

Old 09-13-07, 06:16 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
After Insulation Installed AC not blowing cold air

We had some attic vents, an extra turbine, and some insulation added by a contractor just yesterday to our new/older home. We noticed that as we were going to bed that the AC was not blowing cold air. Sure enough the AC just stayed on because it could not get down to our normal sleeping temperature and so I turned it off completely. Is it possible that when the insulation or other items were installed that they switched something off on the AC unit? Sorry, first time house buyer and pretty clueless on anything besides changing a light bulb. The AC unit itself is brand new!

Appreciate the help,

Joe T.

Old 09-13-07, 06:42 AM
If your airhandler is in the attic it's very likely they may have done something. You'll need to get up there and see if they damaged anything like low voltage wiring, copper refrigerant lines, duct work etc... Also if you have a secondary drain pan check to see if it has an emergecy off switch incase water gets in it.

Old 09-13-07, 07:16 AM
J
Compressors out

I will definatley look around up there today afterwork. I just spoke with my wife and she is certain that whereas the fan is running the compressor is not. I am actually trying to get a hold of the insualtion guy to see what I can find out from him, but who knows if he will fess up to anything. Should we make sure the AC is not running at all in the interium? Thanks

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: